We all know that Krishna loves milk and milk products. Paneer(cottage cheese) is one of the products of milk. Paneer is made using curdling heated milk with lemon juice. It is also called chenna in some parts of India.
In our house we love paneer. My husband would eat anything that has paneer in it. So yesterday I tried a famous Punjabi Dish named Pudina Paneer Tikka. Traditionally Chunks of paneer are marinated in spices and are then arranged on a stick with capsicums, onions and tomatoes. These sticks are grilled in a tandoor and the dish is thereafter served hot, seasoned with lemon juice and chaat masala. It is sometimes accompanied by salad or mint chutney. Tikka dishes traditionally go well with mint chutney. The paneer, though tender, has a crisp singe on the surface. But I am going to make it without grilling and sticks as I don't have tandoor at home.
Lets make Pudina Paneer Tikka without tandoor and skewers.
Cottage Cheese(paneer): 250 gms
Tomato: 1 medium
Capsicum: 1 medium
Curd: 1 cup
Salt, pepper, chat masala: To taste
Ginger paste: 1tbsp
Mint leaves: 1 bunch
1. Add salt, pepper, mint leaves(blended in paste) and half tbsp of ginger paste in the curd.
2. add chunks of paneer in this curd. Keep for half an hour covered.
3. After half an hour, keep the paneer chunks and curd mixture in fridge for 1-2 hours.
4. Take a non stick pan and add butter/ ghee in it and roast marinated paneer chunks from both sides.
5. Now take the chunks out and cook capsicum for a minute in the same pan.
6. Add thinly sliced tomatoes in the pan.
7. Now add chat masala and roasted paneer chunks and cook for a minute covered.
offer to Lord and Enjoy